The Motobilt rear 1-ton axle swap makes installing a beefy rear axle in your Jeep a breeze. When designing our kit, we wanted it to be easy to install. Whether you are a professional shop, or a DIY fabricator at home, this kit will save you time and money. Our kit spans much further across the axle than other kits on the market. This allows us to incorporate the spring mounts into the truss. You will simply bolt the pinion support onto the axle, and then set all the other components onto the top. With the aligning tabs and slots, the install is fool proof.
The kit was designed to work with the GM 14 bolt rear axle that was found in 1996-2006 GM 2500 and 3500 Single Rear Wheel axle trucks. The wheel mounting surface (WMS) will be 68-inch-wide and the casting on the center differential has lots of ribbing. Do not use an axle from a van as the differential is offset. When installing this axle, remember that you will need to address things such as the 8x6.5 bolt pattern vs. the Jeep';s factory 5x5 bolt pattern.
- Designed to work with the GM 14 bolt rear axle that was found in 1996-2006 GM 2500 and 3500 Single Rear Wheel axle trucks
- The axle truss ships raw steel and will require professional welding
- Laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4-inch-thick steel plate
- Integrated coil spring mounts with truss
- Easy install with no measurements needed
- Track bar has 4 mounting locations in case you change up your suspension
- Main truss body is one solid piece with several support beams made of 1/4-inch steel plate
- Coil spring mounts have a built-in threaded nut to use with a spring retainer
- Upper and lower link mounts are formed so that your suspension is still in alignment once the wider axles are installed
- Can easily by changed if you want to run a custom suspension design
- Sold as kit
- HD steel diff cover is NOT included
- Brake components such as the tone rings and abs sensors will need to be addressed as they are not included in this kit
- Axle assembly shown is NOT included and only shown for demonstration purposes.