The Motobilt The Hammer Front Bumper is a 48.5-inch-wide, sleek, tight-fitting design proudly made in the USA. Our Jeep the Hammer Bumper is 3D CAD designed to ensure the best possible fit to your Jeep. The front d-ring mounts are CNC cut from 3/4-inch-thick steel plate and pass through the bumper where they weld to the bumper mounting plates in addition to the bumper body. This was done for added strength to the recovery point.
The Hammer bumper can be run with or without the optional skid plate. To install the skid plate, you must trim approx 1 inch off each side of the crash bars. If you remove the skid plate later, the part that you trimmed will not be seen. The ends of the Hammer bumper taper up for tire clearance. Each cut in the bumper was intentional to keep it tight to the frame rail for a better approach angle. The main construction of the bumper is fabricated from 3/16-inch-thick high strength steel plate. The bumper also serves as a winch mount. The top side of The Hammer Bumper has bolt holes for a recovery winch.
- Fabricated from 3/16-inch-thick high strength steel plate
- Bolt on design
- 3/4-inch-thick steel d-ring mounts
- Pass through d-ring mounts weld to the bumper
- Made in the USA
- Sold as each
- If installing a winch, MB1002 fairlead mount will also need to be purchased
- Motobilt bumpers ship bare steel, paint or powder coat needed before use
- You must fully install BEFORE painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- No cutting required on the frame rails on your Jeep
- The two outside top bolt holes on your frame need to be drilled out to 9/16 inch
- 2012 and newer models will need a vacuum relocation pump bracket PN MB2060