STEER SMARTS is proud to present our most EXTREME steering linkage "œThe YETI XD" Series linkage equipped with our GRIFFINXD Attenuator. We applied our 85 years of steering "œlessons learned" to develop the strongest most durable linkage ever built for the Wrangler.
The YETI XD Draglinksare a complete bolt-on draglink.The YETI XDDraglinks install in justminutes andbolts to the factory tapered knuckle hole and thefactorypitman arm hole.
***NOTE*** A MINIMUM LIFT HEIGHT OF 4" ( AND CORRECT BUMP STOP) IS REQUIRED FOR A TOP-MOUNT DRAGLINK. PART #79022001 (TRACK BAR RELOCATION BRACKET) IS NECESSARY WHEN FLIPPING YOUR DRAGLINK - IT MAINTAINS PROPER TRACK BAR AND DRAGLINK GEOMETRY. FOR THOSE RUNNING METAL CLOAK LIFTS, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND A TOP MOUNT DRAGLINK FOR THEIR LIFT KITS D/T INTERFERENCE ISSUES.
YETI XDDRAGLINK WITH GRIFFIN XD ASSEMBLY:
- Easybolt-on installation.
- Griffin XD Attenuator for the highest level ofon-road andoff-road stability and performance.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences.
- 30mm 1 1/2 Ton ball joints designed specifically for the JL.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Induction heat treated ball studs provideultimatefatigue strengthandsuperior off-road durability.
- Steel on steel bearings provide exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High-quality seals ensure long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Fully greaseable.
- Powder coat over E-coat for a long lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- External threads are e-coated for durability and long term serviceability.
- Forged frommedium carbon high harden-ability steel and heat treated for greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 Â¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Unique"œReverse Pin" technology prevents our linkage from flopping or rocking. This technology is built into the socket unlike theweak external supportsonsome competitor linkage.
GRIFFIN XD ATTENUATOR:
- Reduces harsh and negative feedback toyour steering wheel.
- Draglink adjuster is manufactured from large diameter Â¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for maximumbuckling strength.
- Adjuster clamps assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nuts.
- Designed with right-hand and left-hand threads for quick and easy adjustment when installed on the vehicle.
- E-coated for a long lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability.
- Designed for the proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences.
- Patented Design.
**Jeeps equipped with Anniversary Edition Factory Skid plates will need to slightly modify skid platefor clearance with GriffinXD
Note: A 17" wheels minimumis recommended.16" wheels with a maximum 4.5" backspacing might fit but not guaranteed.