Jeep JK Wrangler Heavy Duty Steering Kit. Direct bolt-in replacement for the stock components for an immediate upgrade in steering feel, stiffness, and strength. Single Plane Tie Rod End eliminates unwanted Drag Link and Tie Rod Flop. You will not find a better steering kit on the market!
- Drag Link fits all JK Wranglers, including those with aftermarket JK axle housings.
- Larger tubing size than previous design improves drag link strength and steering feel. Offers a more direct connection to the road/trail compared to stock; no more bent drag links and constantly having to re-center your steering wheel.
- Synergy Heavy Duty Metal on Metal Tie Rod Ends are stronger and more durable than stock and include grease fittings/replaceable dust boots for ease of maintenance. Synergy High-Performance Grease recommended (4119).
- Single plane tie rod ends are used on both the drag link and tie rod to eliminate unwanted movement. Drastically simplifies installation and only allows a necessary degree of movement.
- Drag Link Flip Adapter is NOW INCLUDED for those who will be converting to high steer. No longer need to purchase this part separately.
- Drag Link bolts right into the factory mounts or can be relocated to the top of the steering knuckle for a high steer setup using included flip adapter (See Notes for high steer requirements)
- No factory drag link components need to be reused
- Includes Synergy HD Metal on Metal Tie Rod Ends with a Single Plane version at the pitman arm side to completely eliminate Drag Link Flop
- Drag Link made from 1.5-inch x .250 wall DOM tubing
- Tie Rod made from 1 3/8 inch 4130 Chromoly and Heat Treated for maximum strength - 200 percent stronger than stock tie rod
- Tie Rod is bent similar to factory bar to clear sway bar mounts
- Abrasion-resistant powder coat finish for maximum durability and corrosion resistance
- Synergy Double Adjuster Sleeve allows adjustment of drag link and tie rod length without removing it from the vehicle
- 100 percent bolt-on components assures an easy, trouble free installation with the use of basic hand tools
- Synergy Tie Rod and Drag Link both use the same tie rod end thread pitch, so one spare tie rod end (4131-L) can be used in any location in the steering.
- Drag Link is designed to be used in the stock location for up to 3 inch lift heights. For 3-6 inch lift heights the drag link should be flipped for a high steer setup.
- High Steer setup requires the Drag Link to be relocated to the top of the steering knuckle. Must use in conjunction with a raised front axle side track bar relocation bracket (See Synergy 8055, 8012-13, or 8009-01). Rear track bar should ideally be raised a similar amount at the axle.
- Tie Rod, or flipped Drag Link, require 16 inch or larger wheel diameter with a maximum 4-3/4 inch backspacing or wheel spacer with factory wheel setup. 4-1/2 inch back spacing is recommended.
- Drag Link Minimum Length (Collapsed): 38.75 inch
- Drag Link Maximum Length (Extended): 41.25 inch
- Tie Rod Minimum Length (Collapsed): 58.188 inch
- Tie Rod Maximum Length (Extended): 60.4375 inch