The TeraFlex Delta Brake Kit is the ultimate upgrade for JL/JLU and JK/JKU Wrangler models with oversized and heavier wheels/tire combos requiring increased braking performance. A must for 33-42" tires or heavy-laden overland rigs. Includes all the components required to upgrade both front and rear axles.
Modulus measures a material 's resistance to elastic (recoverable) deformation under load. A stiff material has a high modulus, which means it only changes shape slightly under high elastic loads before returning to its normal shape. The Delta Brake Calipers features a high-modulus bridge.
* Minimum Wheel Diameter: 17"
* Back Spacing: 4.5" or less
- MUST VERIFY FITMENT W/ DOWNLOADABLE TEMPLATE
* Bolt Pattern: 8x6.5"
* High-Modulus Brake Caliper Kit w/ pads- front (# 4403401)
* High-Modulus Brake Caliper Kit w/ pads - rear (# 4403402)
* 14" x 1.25" vented & slotted rotors w/ 8x6.5" bolt pattern - front (# 4403485)
* 14" x 1.25" vented & slotted rotors w/ 8x6.5" bolt pattern - rear (# 4403486)
* All necessary hardware
Features & Benefits:
* Significantly improved braking performance over factory brake system
* Balanced front to rear brakes tuned specifically for lifted vehicles
* Brake bias & piston sizes optimized for Wrangler
* Designed to work w/ stock proportioning valve & ABS
* 100% bolt-on upgrade for easy installation
Front & Rear Calipers:
* Opposed 4-piston caliper design w/ 2" pistons
* Same flow rate as factory 2-piston calipers - 4 pistons move each side half the distance instead of 2 pistons only moving one side the full distance
* EPDM synthetic boot material keeps water & other contaminants away from piston
* Hard-chrome coating on piston reduces friction to improve performance
* 4-piece High-Modulus bridge caliper design combines heat-treated 4140 forged steel bridges w/ T6 6061 forged aluminum piston housings
* Steel bridges resist bending/flex better than standard aluminum or cast iron
* Improved stiffness = consistent brake feel/modulation during brake application & release
* Low-profile bridge accepts 14" diameter rotors behind 17" wheels
* 1,000-hour salt spray tested zinc-& E-dipped coating on bridges & mounts
* 300,000 psi steel formed hardware
* Calipers feature built-in auto bleeding check ball, valve, & spring for easy bleeding
* Hard-coat anodized, scratch-resistant piston bores
Front & Rear Brake Rotors:
* Massive 14" x 1.25" vented rotors for superior stopping performance
* Larger diameter rotors offer more mechanical advantage for more stopping power
* Heat-treated, heavy cast-iron rotors offer better heat absorption
* Mill-balanced, vented rotors for maximum heat dissipation
* Included slotted rotors offer better gas dissipation than smooth rotors
* GEOMET coating on non-friction surfaces resists corrosion
* Rotors feature 8x6.5" bolt pattern
Front & Rear Brake Pads:
* Proprietary composite-resin, semi-metallic pads provide excellent full temperature stopping power for maximum initial speed scrub w/ increased pad life & reduce noise & dust
* Drop-in pad design - no need to disassemble calipers to replace pads
Stock Brake Rotor Reference:
JL/JLU Sport front: 12.9" x 0.94" (330mm x 24mm) vented rotors
JL/JLU Sport rear: 12.9" x 0.47" (328mm x 12mm) solid rotors
JL/JLU Sahara/Rubicon front: 12.9" x 1.1" (330mm x 28mm) vented rotors
JL/JLU Sahara/Rubicon rear: 13.4" x 0.55" (342mm x 14mm) solid rotors
JK/JKU front: 11.9" x 1.1" (302mm x 28mm) vented rotors (U.S.-spec)
JK/JKU rear: 11.9" x 1.1" (302mm x 28mm) vented rotors (U.S.-spec)
* Requires a minimum wheel diameter of 17".
* On JK/JKU models, we recommend upgrading the stock master cylinder and brake booster to the Mopar Master Cylinder & Brake Booster Kit (# P5160050). Contact your Mopar dealer for availability.
* JL/JLU_JK/JKU: Delta Brake Kit - Front & Rear - 5x5" Bolt Pattern (# 4403450) also available.